Get the most from your homecare experience with AAY.
- Talk to us honestly and openly about your goals. We won’t get there if we don’t now where we’re going.
- Tell us about your likes and dislikes; if we don’t know what you want, we might not be able to provide it.
- Work with our nurses and Director of Consumer Services and agree on a plan to keep you healthy and safely at home. With the help of your physician, we will develop a care plan that works for you.
- Get to know your personal care or home health aide; the better the relationship is, the better your homecare will be.
- All consumers and every household have their preferred ways of cooking meals or cleaning the house; if you are clear about your expectations, and how you like things done, we are much more likely to meet them.
- AAY will talk with you about your rights and responsibilities. Exercise them.
Get the most from your homecare experience.
Do I or a Loved One Need Home Care?
Significant life changes may be signs that you or a loved one may need the help and support of a home care services agency:
- Changes in your health
- Forgetting to take your medicatio, or confusion over which medications to take when
- Being Recently diagnosed with a chronic disease or illness
- New physical problems, such as a stroke
- Changes in your outlook on life
- Not understanding others or frequently forgetting things
- Getting disorientated, losing your way
- Becoming anxious or depressed
- Feeling confused, sad or alone
- Changes in your ability to cope
- Inability to handle every-day tasks like handling money, making decisions, using the phone
- Recent loss of family supports, informal supports, a spouse or other caregiver
- Changes in your ability to care for yourself
- Difficulty with cooking, cleaning, laundry
- Difficulty walking
- Inability to prepare proper meals
- Problems with personal grooming
Any of these may be signs that you or a loved one may need home care. Please feel free to contact us if you think you may be in need of nursing or aide services.